- Skiddle News
The new RapidScan App
By Ben Sebborn
- 04 Mar 2015
- 3 min read
Fast entry for your guests.
No more clipboards or printed lists.
Less queuing = more people spending at the bar.
Skiddle were one of the first ticket outlets to offer a barcoded entry system back in 2005 – our RapidScan system has been hugely successful and used at events across the country, from club nights through to large capacity festivals.
Now with the launch of our iPhone and Android app, you can harness the power of RapidScan on your own iPhone, iPad or Android device.
Here’s an overview of the features:
* Verify customers as they enter your event using your smartphone or tablet
* Scan RapidScan barcoded tickets or lookup by customer name
* Very fast ticket scanning (scans tickets in less than 1/4 sec)
* Instant verification or rejection of tickets
* Keep tickets on sale once your doors open to maximise sales (Wifi/4G/3G connection required)
* Filter available tickets to allow different customers to enter at different entrances
* View entry stats at any point showing who’s entered and who’s yet to attend
* Find your peak entry hours to help plan staffing
* Synchronisation with multiple devices so you can have more than one person working on the door (Wifi/4G/3G connection required)
* Data is sent to your Promotion Centre so you can analyse later
So far, our tests have shown the app to be very fast in use and works effectively even in ‘real-world’ conditions such as low light or with poorly printed or wet tickets. We’re always looking for feedback, so we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts once you’ve tried the new app.
Download the app for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rapidscan/id957797367?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Download the app for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.promoterapp
Or search for ‘RapidScan’ from your phone.