- Behind the Scenes
August Bank Holiday 2019 @ Skiddle Customer Care & Posted Ticket Dispatch
By Ben Sebborn
- 16 Sep 2019
- 4 min read
The August Bank Holiday weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for the Posted Ticket Dispatch department, and now it’s over, we’ve had time to reflect!
This year, our Customer Care team did not receive a single entry refusal or event complaint for any of the Bank Holiday Weekend posted events – Creamfields, Leeds Festival, SW4 and House of Common. Not one! If you think that’s impressive, only 1.6% of tickets shipped to our customers were converted to box office collections due to their tickets being lost/damaged or stolen.
Abbie, our Analytics Ambassador has pulled together a comparison of figures from 2018 to 2019, to take a further look to see how the Customer Care team and Posted Ticket Dispatch department work together over this busy weekend to efficiently reduce queries to keep our customers happy!
524 queries solved (22nd-29th) August 2018
336 queries solved (21st-28th) August 2019
Average first reply time (22nd-29th) August 2018- 27.68 hrs
Average first reply time August (21st-28th) August 2019 – 9.67 hrs
How did we do this?
Posted Ticket Dispatch
- Orders purchased between each of the event’s on-sale dates and 31st July were shipped by 8th August– over a week until the last posting date.
- Tickets returned to our dispatch office were offered redelivery up to 3 days before the event start date.
- Any outstanding orders that had not been reposted, were automatically made available to collect at the on-site box offices.
- Thorough and detailed action plans were put in place to manage cross-departmental projects.
- Useful FAQ guides were created so customers could easily access all the info they needed.
- The Customer Care team scheduled informative tweets such as last entry times and box office locations for each event.
- The event listings and Festival Guide were jammed packed full of useful information.
- Creamfields/Leeds/SW4/HOC ticket access queries were made a high priority.
- The Customer Care department was open 10am-5pm on Saturday + 10am-4pm on Sunday, for any on the day ticket access queries.
- Finally, the Customer Care team worked tirelessly by speaking to all of our customers (and sometimes even the staff at the box offices on-site!) on a daily basis.
This festival season, we’ve posted a HUGE 29,013 physical tickets in total, for events including Cream Classical, Latitude, Sundown Festival and obviously Creamfields, Leeds Festival, SW4 and House of Common.
Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of September Festivals for all of you who aren’t ready to let go just yet, whilst the Posted Ticket Dispatch Department is looking forward to dispatching some massive live and club events this Autumn/Winter.
Tomorrowland pres Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Garden of Madness
Central Docks Liverpool Waters
Indigo At The O2
Ministry of Sound presents The Danny T Show
First Direct Arena