- Skiddle News
Have your say in our new promotion centre!
- 15 Oct 2020
- 5 min read
We’ve heard some of your concerns over the years about our current Promotion Centre looking outdated. But don’t worry, we’re listening!
We’re well underway with our brand new Promotion Centre which will be completely rebuilt from scratch and have lots of new functionality. This new Promotion Centre will make your event management much quicker, as well as being mobile friendly.
We’ll soon be ready to invite some promoters into our beta testing group so please fill out this Google form if you’d like to be the first ones to try out our new Promotion Centre. It’ll also give you the opportunity to tell us what you’d like to see more or less of, so we can help sell out your future events much quicker.
What’s new on the Skiddle website?
- We’ve introduced new festival profile pages. These help to showcase the festival better, highlighting headline acts and information. A particular improvement for festivals with complex ticketing where the list of tickets could dominate the page.
- We’ve increased our inventory of comedy, theatre and attractions with 1000s of new events now on sale.
- We’re adding a new ticket box with support for ‘add ons’. This will help to display travel/accommodation/upgrades/etc better and deliver a more comprehensive experience for the customer when you have lots of ticket types, and of course, better upsell for you.
- We’re making improvements to our events guide so it’s a much simpler user experience for mobile users. This will help them search for and find events easier.
- Improved user experience for Allocated Seating – including pick your own seat and multiple prices per seat.
Exciting event innovations during lockdown to inspire you
When COVID-19 hit, it’s safe to say the events industry went into a bit of a panic. But necessity is the mother of invention and all that. Within a couple of weeks, musicians and promoters were finding unique ways to replace gigs and events. From livestreams to socially distant outdoor gigs.
While most of the country has been hit with a local lockdown followed by fears there will be more lockdowns to come, here are some amazing innovations in the past couple of months including online events and livestreams. Who knows? Maybe it’ll give you some inspiration to do something of your own…
At Skiddle we have some in-house features which might also help you when you’ve decided on your next event.
- Bubbles and table tickets: ensure you sell tickets correctly so people arrive in their groups and stick together.
- Show how your event complies with the Government Guidelines by selecting our social distancing event option. More on this here.
- Contactless entry with Rapidscan: our free promoter app available on iOS and Android. Scan your tickets quickly and efficiently from a distance and keep track of your event capacity.
Read the latest guidance on 2021 festival planning amid the COVID-19 pandemic
The Events Industry Forum (EIF), Association of Independent Festivals (AIF) and Association of Festival Organisers (AFO) have teamed up to provide supplementary guidance on music festivals in 2021.
The guidance is designed to assist those who work in the musical festival sector to provide an initial framework for putting on festivals in the midst of COVID-19 and provide some suggested guidelines on how to operate. AIF says that the guidance (which will be updated monthly) will “assist festival organisers, safety advisory group members, local directors of public health and other industry parties in assessing risk levels and planning festivals based on a flexible, pragmatic and realistic approach to the current pandemic”.
The full document can be found here.
Skiddle is currently the UK’s biggest What’s On guide, providing a free facility for event promoters across the UK to list their events online and sell tickets through our independent ticketing service. We currently work with over 35,000 UK and European promoters, at over 30,000 venues. We specialise in helping events through that critical growing phase by providing the marketing and technology support that you need. Start listing your events today!